Understanding what has caused glass to fail and why is imperative to creating a resilient glass product and process. LPD Lab Services is very well experienced in glass failure analysis as well as a general deformulation to find the composition of a glass. Our experienced analysts can also consult on what actions to take in order to prevent failures. A brief selection of the work undertaken by LPD Lab Services is shown below:
- Toughened glass failure due to Nickel Sulphide inclusions confirmed by SEM/EDX
- Failure investigation of shower panel.
- Source of contamination of laser optics.
- Confirmation of antique glass formulation.
- Foreign object investigation in returned product.
- Glass bulk composition.
- Fine glass contamination analysis in products and processes by SEM/EDX.
- Pump wear damage from glass fragments in recirculated water system.
- Analysis and identification of smear or oily layer build up of automotive and glazed windows by XPS and solvent extract GC-MS.
- Heads Up Display/HUD coating analysis