A comprehensive range of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance - NMR services are available via an experienced collaborating laboratory for characterisation of small molecules, macromolecules and product impurities in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and organic molecules. An UltraShield 400MHz NMR spectrometer with BBO probe is used which covers nuclei from 15N to 31P.
Applications of NMR
NMR analytical services offered include:
- Full characterisation of organic molecules using 1D and 2D homo/hetero NMR experiments.
- Interpretation of complex NMR data by experienced consultants.
- Chiral NMR method development to support process Research and Development. Use of Lanthanide Shift Reagents or complexing reagents.
- Polymer analysis including 13C qualitative and quantitative determinations.
- Identification of unknowns.
- Identification, Confirmation and Quantification of API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) in Pharmaceutical Medicines (Tablets, capsules etc.)
- Analysis of counterfeit medicines.
- Purity or Strength determination of drugs - pharmaceuticals. Assay or purity measurements use an internal standard.
- Identification or confirmation of the structure of organic species.
- Identification and quantification of impurities in organic species.
- Rapid Response NMR data for customer interpretation more cost-effective service per sample.
NMR Instrument and Technical Capabilities
Bruker 400 MHz NMR Spectrometer with 5mm Multinuclear Probe (15N to 31P) with Z-Gradients.
Popular Nuclei: 1H, 13C, 31P, 15N and 29Si (Other nuclei possible if required).
- 1D - 1H and 13C.
- 2D – COSY (1H Correlation through the bond), COSYLR (1H Long Range Correlation through the bond), NOESY (1H Correlation through space), TOCSY (1H Total Correlation), HMQC (1H/13C Correlation), HSQC (1H/13C Correlation), HMBC (1H/13C Long Range Correlation).