Ideally every quarter LPD Lab Services produce and distribute a Newsletter to all company clients. In each issue the lab highlights analytical techniques, technical experience and capabilities that the business is competent in delivering.
Below are downloadable PDF files of the current and back issues. The laboratory periodically publishes in the public domain or presents at Trade Shows or Conferences: A selection of these can be found in Publications and Presentations.
Download Newsletter September 2023 (PDF) - LATEST
- Materials and Product Failure Investigations.
- Lab Instrument Selection, Method Development and Technology Transfer.
- Microbial Induced Corrosion - MIC of Metals.
- Filter Blockage and Blinding Investigations.
Download Newsletter March 2023 (PDF)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking of Metals and Environmental Stress Cracking of Plastics and Rubbers.
- Extractables and Leachables Analysis.
- New Ion Chromatography Instrumentation.
- Outsourcing Analytical Services and Method Development.
Download Newsletter Summer 2022 (PDF)
- Electronic and Battery Testing.
- Lead in Paint testing - UKAS Accredited Method
- Thermal Analysis - DSC and TGA.
- Thermal Desorption GC-MS Analysis
- Research and Development Analytical Labs.
Download Newsletter Autumn 2021 (PDF)
- Degradation – Plastic, Rubbers and Coatings.
- Antimicrobial Coatings and Polymers.
- Investing in the Future - A Very Modern Degree Apprenticeship - Iola Main.
- Matt Edwards, Analytical Chemist New Starter for Capacity and Capability Expansion.
- Growing Additional GC-MS Capacity.
- JOSCAR Certification.
- Out-sourced Product Development, Research and Development plus Analytical Laboratory.
Download Newsletter Late Spring May 2020 (PDF)
- Continued Operation During COVID-19 Lockdown
- Automated Particle Characterisation and Analysis
- Quantitative Alcohol Testing Methods
- Chemicals and Materials Compatibility
- LPD Awarded ISO 17025:2017 Certification
Download Newsletter Spring March 2020 (PDF)
- COVID-19 Plans and Continued Customer Support
- Introduction of Bruce Swan – Commercial and Business Development Manager
- Perkin Elmer Spotlight 400 FTIR microscope Imaging System
- Successful Transition to UKAS ISO/ IEC17025:2017
Download Newsletter Autumn September 2019 (PDF)
- Chemical Plant Failure and Material Compatibility
- Analysis of Foreign Bodies in Pharmaceutical Products
- Phenolic Foam Induced Water Pipe Corrosion
Download Newsletter Spring March 2019 (PDF)
- Requiring Ionic Contamination and Cleanliness Investigations?
- Printed Circuit Board Cleanliness Problems
- Printed Circuit Boards Ionic Contamination
- PCB Non-ionic Organic Residue Contamination
- Assessment of Smoke Damage
- Component Manufacture Checks of Cleaning Processes
Download Newsletter Winter January 2019 (PDF)
- Harry Knappett - Senior Analytical Chemist
- Applications of SEM/EDX - Particle Contamination Elimination
- Cross-Sectional SEM Investigations
- The Quality is in the Image
- Outsourced Development / R&D /Analytical Labs
Download Newsletter Autumn 2018 (PDF)
- Mike O'Hare – Analytical Inorganic Chemist
- New Laboratory Equipment and Service – Pyrolysis GC-MS
- New Laboratory Equipment and Services – Potentiostat instrument for Electrochemical Analysis
- LPD Lab Services as an Outsourced Development / R&D lab, the Future is Bright
Download Newsletter Spring 2018 (PDF)
- Dr Kim Nickson – Senior Scientist - Electron Microscopy and Chemistry
- Successful Renewal of UKAS ISO/IEC17025:2005 Accreditation
- Corrosion and Failure – Should You Be Concerned?
- New equipment at LPD – Testometric M500-50CT Mechanical Test Machine
- LPD Lab Services - The Full Problem Solving Suite
Download Newsletter Winter 2017 (PDF)
- Analytical Metallurgical Testing Services, metallography, fractography and consultancy
- Typical Applications of Metallurgy
- New equipment at LPD – Agilent 55b Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry
- Typical Applications of AAS - Atomic Absorbance Spectrophotometry
- REACH Deadline 1 June 2018
Download Newsletter Spring 2017 (PDF)
- Senior Metallurgist Joins LPD Lab Services
- Applications of SEM/EDX - Scanning Electron Microscopy
- SEM Applications within Metallurgy
- SEM Applications within Electronics
- SEM Applications within Products
- SEM Applications within Chemicals and Materials
- SEM Applications within Legal / Insurance Claims, Construction and Infrastructure
Download Newsletter Spring 2016 (PDF)
- Ion Chromatography
- Auto Titrator, Ion Selective Electrodes and Karl Fisher Capability
- LPD Expands With New Director and Consultant
Download Newsletter Spring 2015 (PDF)
- HPLC – Capacity Increases
- Coating Plating Bath Problem Solving
- RAPRA & Technical Consultancy Services
Download Newsletter Autumn 2014 (PDF)
- Corrosion Investigations
- Failure Analysis, Quality Improvement and Competitor Reverse Engineering
- LPD Lab Services Invest in a 2nd Scanning Electron Microscope
Download Newsletter Summer 2014 (PDF)
- New GC-MS & Headspace Capability
- ICP-MS, AAS and XRF Composition Analysis
- Introducing Another New Member of Staff - Dr Justyna Anwar
Download Newsletter Winter 2013 (PDF)
- Capability Increases and Collaborating Laboratories
- LPD Lab Services and RAPRA at Mediplas 2013 and Advanced Engineering Composites 2013
- New Analytical Facilities – ICP-MS and IC
Download Newsletter Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Typical Customer Applications as a Preferred Supplier to RAPRA
- A New Applications Chemist with PCB and Chemical Formulation Experience
- Contamination, Isolation Identification and Elimination
Download Newsletter Spring 2012 (PDF)
- LPD Lab Services Business News
- LPD has Two New Members of Staff
- Enhanced HPLC and TGA Analytical Capabilities
- The Laboratory becomes a RAPRA Preferred Service Provider
Download Newsletter Spring 2011 (PDF)
- Problem Solving, FMEA and 6 Sigma Activities
- Collaboration with Red Embedded on PCB Failure Analysis
- Successful Renewal of UKAS ISO/IEC17025:2005 Accreditation and Customer Survey
Download Newsletter Autumn 2010 (PDF)
- Recruitment of Technical Development Manager - Dr Wyndham Johnstone
- Enhanced FTIR Organic Identification Capabilities
- Product Lifetime, Shelf Life Improvement and Operational Testing
Download Newsletter Spring 2010 (PDF)
- Product and Benchmarking Process Research and Development
- Materials Analysis and Failure Investigation
Download Newsletter Winter 2009 (PDF)
- Launch of LPD Lab Services Ltd and Contact Details
- Enhanced Capabilities in Surface Chemistry and Surface Wetting Characterisation
- Electronic Cigarette Chemical Evaluation
Download Newsletter Summer 2009 (PDF)
- Chemical, Electrochemical, Physical, Thermal & Electrical Discharge Surface Treatments
- Determination of Painting and Seal History by Filler Fingerprinting
- Optical Microscopy & Image Analysis
Download Newsletter Spring 2009 (PDF)
- Chemical Cleaning and Degreasing
- Electronic Devices & PCB Manufacture
- Typical Laboratory Support Work Index
Download Newsletter Autumn 2008 (PDF)
- Product and Process Deformulation & Reverse Engineering
- Industrialisation for Product and Process Development
- Interface Adhesion, Adhesives and Coatings
Download Newsletter Spring 2008 (PDF)
- How Technically Sound is Your Process - Site Sanity Audits
- Particle Characterisation, Contamination Elimination and Particle Counting for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Corrosion, Degradation and Oxidation
- Research and Development
Download Newsletter Winter 2007 (PDF)
- Contaminant Analysis
- Importing Goods?